The year 2020 is firmly behind us - thank goodness for that. I don't know about you, but last year was a challenging one for me, to say the least. Here's hoping that 2021 is better for all of us.
Whilst a whole new year may be upon us, the global coronavirus pandemic is still very much ongoing across the globe - which means that looking after your health and fitness will stay top of the agenda for many of us this year.
That's why we've launched Get Fit for 2021, a series of helpful articles to set you up for success this year no matter what your goal - whether it's to lose weight, find a new fitness regime or follow a more balanced, healthy diet.
Here at Fit&Well, we’ll be bringing you a wealth of workouts, diet plans and expert advice throughout January to help kick-start your health and fitness goals.
Highlights will include our series of 30-day challenges, the perfect way to kick-start your year of fitness. I'll be practising what I preach by taking on my own challenge - five minutes of skipping every day for a month (there, I've said it. No going back now...). You can look forward to reading about my success - or otherwise - with that later down the line.
The aim of all of this? It's simple. To help you work out how to get fit in 2021, and inspire you to make t your happiest, healthiest yet.
So, are you with me!? Get going with the selection of Get Fit for 2021 reads listed below, and also follow our top tips to ensure you get the most out of it.
Get Fit for 2021: essential reading
- 30-day killer curves challenge: tone your bust, waist and butt
- 30-day abs challenge: get your best abs ever in just one month!
- 30-day full-body home workout: builds strength and definition
- 30-day dumbbell challenge: tone your entire body with weights
- 30-day ultimate arms challenge - coming soon!
Diet plans & weight loss advice
Whether you’re looking to shift a few post-Christmas pounds or you’ve resolved that 2021 will be the year you hit your healthy goal weight. From intermittent fasting approaches such as keto and carb cycling to popular plans including the Cambridge and Nordic Diets, you’ll find info on how and why they work, along with meal planners to make sure you don’t go hungry. There’ll also be plenty to help you stay on-track, from inspiring real-life weight loss stories to tips for rapid (but safe) weight loss.
- How to lose weight with the keto diet: everything you need to know
- How to lose weight by fasting: Intermittent fasting methods explained
- Five incredible real-life weight loss success stories to inspire you in 2021
- Best protein powder for weight loss: kick-start your New Year's diet goals
- Flat tummy diet plan: coming soon!
- Best vegan cookbooks: for plant-based meals that are full of flavor
- The benefits - and pitfalls - of trying a vegan diet
- Win a luxury vegan hamper! Head to our Instagram account to enter
- 6 easy ways to eat enough protein on a vegan diet - coming soon!
Keep up with Get Fit for 2021
Make sure you don't miss a thing with the following simple steps:
- FOLLOW @WEAREFITANDWELL: We'll be sharing all the best articles as well as inspiring, motivational posts and Live workouts on our Instagram (opens in new tab), Twitter (opens in new tab), Facebook (opens in new tab) and Flipboard (opens in new tab) accounts - do give us a follow!
- SUBSCRIBE: Set yourself up for a healthy week ahead by getting the best bits of Fit&Well delivered direct to your inbox every Monday morning with our email newsletter (tip: you'll get a free Couch to 5k ebook when you sign up)
- BOOKMARK: Add our homepage to your favorites and check back in with us regularly to see what's new.
Get Fit for 2021 with Fit&Well
As the sun rises on a brand new year, Fit&Well is here to help put last year behind you and make 2021 your happiest, healthiest yet. Here at fitandwell.com, we’ll be bringing you a wealth of workouts, diet plans and expert advice throughout January to help kick-start your health and fitness goals.
Stephanie is Editor of GoodToKnow and was previously the Editor of Fit&Well. With 15 years experience, she has worked for titles including Woman&Home, MSN and Stylist, covering all aspects of women’s lifestyle including health and fitness. Her preferred way of staying fit and well is sport: she regularly plays tennis and has been a keen netballer since her school days. She plays with her London-based team, Cool Runnings, and is also a qualified Level 2 Netball Coach. Stephanie recently started strength training, and can now regularly be seen hobbling around her local area as DOMS kicks in. Happily, she’s since discovered the joy of recovery days. As a result, her top fitness tip is: invest in a foam roller!
Why we should all take a solo hike in 2023
Fitness Two hiking experts explain the many benefits of why we should all take a solo hike and how to get started
By Amber Sayer • Published
Build full-body muscle and boost your metabolism with this 15-minute dumbbell workout
Workout This short high-intensity routine raises your heart rate, works your whole body, and burns fat
By Harry Bullmore • Published